Health is the basic issue in any country that must be treated with full care. As Pakistan being an undeveloped country lacks quality medical equipments due to which the local residents suffer a lot. Owing to that the government of USA has designed numerous projects to handle such problems and to make Pakistan a healthy wealthy country. For that Family Health Project has been initiated to overcome such problems. This project took place in June 2007 and carried on till March 2012.
Throughout Pakistan the projects aims to enhance maternal and health of newborn in fifteen different areas by introducing family planning methods that make certain the healthy spacing of births and suitable timing of pregnancies. The project struggled to eradicate hurdles to family planning by educating families, society leaders, and others about the reimbursement of sufficient spacing between births and accessible ways of controlling birth. Moreover it also deals to amplify right to use to quality family planning services in the community and confidential sectors, to some extent through sustaining commercial marketing of contraceptives and improved contraceptive safety.
The main aim of the project was to deal with maternal and newborn health by improving and supporting the use of family planning methods is provided for the vigorous spacing of births and suitable timing of pregnancies. They also organized seminars to make the concept of family planning more clear.
- Through education and outreach amplify the demand for family planning services.
- Raise the need of first-rate family planning services in the community and private zones.
- Enhance the exercise of using modern contraceptive techniques.
- Provide public-sector delivery spots to make available proper family planning services.
- Enlarge the exposure and reach of contraceptives marketing.
- In almost 15 districts about 3.2 million men and women are sensitized to the consequence of the vigorous timing and spacing of pregnancies through guidance, education, and society mobilization.
- 50 million men and women got awarded about the healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies all the way through mass media operations.
- Almost 1,470 pious leaders sensitized to and are now serving as advocates of the healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies
- About 26,600 healthcare contributors were taught in counseling, family planning, and the healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies.