What comes to your mind about “Bara Dari”? It means a building or a garden that have twelve entranceways or twelve doors. There are two well-known baradaries is situated in the walled city of Lahore, The Kamran Baradari and Hazori Bagh baradari.
These are very old and historical places and were constructed in the Mughal and Sikh Empire in Lahore. Let’s discover these beautiful historical assets one by one.
Kamran Baradari This historical building is just like a pavilion with a garden that was built by Kamran Mirza the son of the Emperor Baber, the first Mughal Emperor in the subcontinent in 1520. This historical architectural beauty was considered the oldest building that was built by the mughals in the Lahore. It was constructed at the one side of the great Ravi River with a beautiful garden where Kamram mirza received his father the Emperor Baber during his visit to shahdara Lahore. This was the best place of mughals where they mostly stayed at the summer season. Although this beautiful Baradari was built on the one side of the historical and old River Ravi, but due to the River changes its flow now it is standing in the River Ravi. Standing on the old bridge of river the view of this historical pavilion is very beautiful. You can go there while enjoying a short travel on the simple boats that are available near the bara dari along with the river.
Hazori Bagh or Garden The four historical beauties of Lahore surrounded the Hazori bagh or garden. The Lahore fort is situated on the eastern side, while classic piece of Mughlia architectural beauty The Badshahi Masjid is on the western side of the Hazori Bagh. On the northern side of Hazori Bagh the Samdhi of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh is located. On the southern side of the Hazori Bagh the old Roshni gate was situated. This was built by the Sikh Emperor Ranjeet Singh in 1813. The reason to build that garden is the celebration of capturing the one and only “Kohinoor” diamond from the Afghans. This garden is a glimpse of Mughal architecture that was constructed and supervised by Faqir Aziz ud din. The white marble is used to construct this garden that was taken from the many other historic buildings of Lahore.